Friday, February 8, 2008

Clutter Astrology Part 3, The Mutible signs

Mutable Mode

People with a concentration of their planets in Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are Mutable clutter types. This is my dominant mode so I know it well. Pisces, my sun sign, is actually the sign of clutter. Mutable folks neither initiate nor resist, they adapt. Too many books? Build or buy another book shelf. Too much paper? Make another pile; get another file box or file cabinet. My basement is a canyon of those marvelous plastic bins stacked 4 or more high. Adding 3 or 4 of these bins a year enables me to get my bedroom closet door shut in almost every season without letting go of any of my favorite clothes. When my Pisces hubby and I run out of room for the extra file cabinets and book shelves, we can always store a few things in someone else’s basement or garage. Our poor Gemini friend David has my entire Virtual Feng Shui show from 1998 in his basement. Mutable people probably accumulate the most clutter, and accumulated it the fastest. The reason for this is what I call the "tomorrow is another day" syndrome. Mutable types are infinitely distractible and can be drawn off task 100 times a day. When you add this factor to the typical mutable person having multiple projects going at once you get clutter squared.

Just tonight I was looking for some pretty red paper I bought one (or was it two?) years ago intending to make Valentines. I never do get around to Christmas cards so Valentines seem like a nice alternative. THIS year I actually managed to save only the addresses from the holiday cards I received rather than the entire bundle of cards until next July, or next New Years when I pitch them in despair for having missed all opportunity to reciporocate. Once I got my over-stuffed drawers opened this evening, I found all kinds of stuff, including mismatched envelopes, left over bits from lots of stationary sets and 28 cent stamps but no red paper. Sigh. If the cards don't go out tomorrow, they won't arrive until after the heart holiday. Welcome to my mutible world but watch your step!

2 comments:

jumper said...

And now you have perfectly described my sister! A TRUE Pisces. Actually, i think it would make her feel better to know that it's In Her Stars to "adapt" to her need to hang on to stuff. Dang, girl, you're good!

Zelia said...

hej, thanks for posting this. I also believe it is some kind of psycho-problem. I am a gemini that keeps accumulating tones of things. it runs also in the family though and there comes a moment when I hate myself for loving small things, and for hoping to use most of the clutter 'someday'. today I decided to throw some stuff away...I started at 9am. it is 15:53 and I am still going through drawers, etc. it is painful but it is also very liberating to say goodbye to objects. there are also ways to give stuff to other people, via a free-shop, NGOs, etc...